Saturday, March 21, 2009

random thoughts...oh so random...

well, i spent the day, sending my beloved maid to the airport. she has worked 4 yrs in my household, and has indeed been a really good worker. I don't see her as a maid, but more of a friend whom does housechores for me.Having so much laughter and talk, and yet sometimes, venting my frustration on her doings, all make me feel that I have owed her so much. I always thought that maids are really respectable. For coming to a land so foreign, and meeting physical demands to earn a meagre salary. So i told myself, i had to push away all appointments regardless whoever the person was, to be there and send her home. yes, she has decided to return back to her home country, and it's something that we can't stop, as it would be selfish for us to do so.

Spent the day at home with my grandfather. He has lost his senses, and needs someone to give him directions. Just spent an hr helping him to bathe and he feels fresh and happy now i guess. He doesn't even know how to bathe, ya that bad eh...well, it seems that i do not have much time to attend to my social life these days with all these things breathing up my neck..oh well, it's time for more management. yesterday, was the end of my long-awaited oral presentation on cameras for my comms module also known as Shumi Gumi group. Well, i hoped everyone lurved it. My group members were really brilliant and capable, and i feel so lucky to have them around. What makes it more touching was the after notes and emails they sent when it was all over..well done guys. and i would like to share a small excerpt, written by one of them:

"How many hours, days and weeks has it been? No matter, duration does not play any significance. Words alone can't quite convey all my feelings, but here's my pathetic attempt nonetheless:Despite me being an obnoxious, rude, vulgar, in-your-face, judgmental, critical, gaming-while-discussing asshole, YOU always shut an eye, grit and bear without personal grudge (i hope (: ). Time spent with you guys makes me want to take the first bus to school everyday. Time spent with you guys makes me burst out of ESL 407 straight into the student lounge. Time spent with you guys makes me da pao my food to attend meetings. The laughter, groans, moans, smiles, crazy antics and comfortable silence we shared - will forever be cherished by me.
Kelvin - your leadership and patience never ceased to amaze me. You keep a calm disposition and strong focus on the work at hand but they never get in your way of sharing a good laugh. On top of which, you present genuine concern for others despite of your own troubles. You're a strong person and I truly admire you in many ways. Not to forget your superior dramatics and creative mind, you have brought our project great success and I must say I enjoyed every strenuous sessions we had to get it down. For all this I thank you and am grateful to have made your acquaintance. HELL, You're a GREAT FRIEND!"

Thanks so much to you, for making all of this come true as well.. god bless you and our proj presentation. it's the combined effort of everyone that makes us so unique and strong. thanks for appreciating me as much as i have appreciated u as well. well done well done and well done again. i love all u guys.....god speed.

1 comment:

  1. great to know that you've enjoyed this project and learnt a lot from it. all the best for your project presentation!

    ReplyDelete